Saturday, 22 July 2017

Why Can't I Be You? (August 16, 2012)

Why
Do I have
This need to be
Perfect?


Knowing
No one is.


Yet
It exists.


As
Echoes of my past
Keep resurfacing
In the present.


Haunting
Everything
I do.


A simple task
Like accepting
Or giving a hug
Is a traumatic experience.

As waves of anxiety
Flood my body.


Forcing friends
Or love ones away
Hurting them
By doing so.


While
My face lights up
Like a deer caught
In the headlights.


As my frustration
And anger build up
Internally.


Over my reaction
To their offer
Of support and love.


With each rejection
A part of my soul
Dies.

Therisa © 2012

Author's note: Another poem from my poetic morgue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...