Saturday 3 June 2017

Taking Control (June 3, 2017)

Don't call me
The latest flavour 
Of the month.

Another fad
To be tossed aside
On garbage day
To the curb.

Giving me
A month or so
Before I change 
My mind.

Truth is
I have experience
The brutal downside
That life can give.

That would've left
A lesser person
Crying 
In total despair.

What you consider
A rash
And impulsive decision
On my part.

To throw
Everything away
And begin
Anew.

Although
You never say so
Your body language does
Loud and clear.

Never considering
My life isn't centered
Around your wants 
And needs.

To do
Whatever 
You want.

At your beck
And call.

Those days
Are long gone
Like one
Of those stories.

You find
In a long forgotten 
History book.

Never expecting you
To understand this
Regardless
How many times
I try and fail.

Therisa © 2017

Author's note: Just something, I needed to write.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...