Thursday 1 June 2017

Karma (May 31, 2017)

Bent 
Never broken
From your anger
And hatred.

Lost soul
Seeking sanctuary
In a sea of tears 
And regrets.

Turning inwards
As my body weeps
For those times
Long gone.

Bittersweet
Do these memories taste
Across my tongue
Like a glass of lemonade
On a hot summer day.

Knowing 
Whatever 
You give
I can take.

For
I am 
A survivor.

Bred
In my bones.
.
So do
Your worse
As I laugh
In your face,

Loser.

Therisa © 2017

Author's note: Over the past week, I have been reading the posting of Bailey Summers, on BigCloset Topshelf, particularly her story Jem, which has inspired this poem of mine.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...