Sunday 4 June 2017

A Ghostly Poetic Letter (June 4, 2017)

May 12, 2017

Happy birthday
Dad.

Been awhile
Since my last letter
To you.

Wish
I could take you
In my arms
And share 
A hug or two.

Possibly
Shed a tear 
On your ghostly 
Shoulder.

Past year 
Or so
Have been tough
On my health
(Mentally and physically).

As I adapt
To my aging body
And the stresses
Placed upon it.

Like injecting insulin
On a nightly basis
Even though
Am deeply fearful
Of needles.

Never forgetting
Your smiles and hugs
Brightening up 
Whatever darkness
That threaten 
To swallow me.

Thank you
Dad
For the memories
And lessons
You taught me.

Therisa © 2017

Author's note: Another one of my poetic letters, to my dad.Please forgive me, for the lateness, in completing this poetic letter, but for the past 5 weeks, I have been sick, with infections, in my chest and throat, delaying my writing. Am slowly, getting better, and restarting to write again.

It may look like, I am having an explosion, in posting poems, but, in reality, am just finishing up numerous poems that I have set aside, for various reasons.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...