Friday 9 September 2016

Balancing My Needs (September 9, 2016)

A weary sigh
Escapes
As apprehension 
Fills me.

Worrying
Am I letting 
Too much
Of my life
Public.

Previously
Have had others 
Use my past
As a blunt weapon
Against me.

Some may view
This admittance
As a paradox.

Given
The open nature
Of my poetry.

But
To heal
I must be open
And honest
About my experiences.

In releasing
Many years
Of suppressed memories.

Allowing
Complete healing
Of those partially 
Healed wounds
I have.

How does one
Do this
Without revealing
Too much?

A question
I am struggling
To answer.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Am I, being paranoid, for feeling this way? I know, I have major trust issues, with people, as I have, in the past, been involved, with those, who have abused my openness, for their own selfish needs. For I need to move forward, in my life, without constantly looking over my "shoulders", for an ambush or two.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...