Saturday 4 June 2016

Surviving The Kiln (June 3, 2016)

"It survived"
To paraphrase
The line
From Frankenstein
Movies.

As my "crater project"
Escapes
The kiln
Unbroken.

A major worry
Given
The deep fissures
That pockmark
The piece.

In releasing
A huge sigh
Of relief
From my held
breathe.

Thus
Able to move on
With the next stages
Towards completion.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: On May 27, 2016, "the crater" was loaded, on the bottom of the kiln, due to the fear that it might shatter, during the first firing. Although, I was absent, when it was removed from the kiln, on May 30th, it miraculously survived, the first firing, and have since started to apply the various coloured glazes. 

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...