Friday 17 June 2016

Please Standby, As We Are Experiencing, A Temporary Delay (June 17, 2016)

If home is
Where
Ones heart is.

Then
Mine is
A shattered field
Of glass shards.

Haven't felt like
I belonged
To any place.

Since
I have left
My parents' place
For university
In 1990.

Feeling rootless
Like a tumbleweed
That's blown.

Across
The arid landscape
By a desert wind.

As I made
My nomadic journey
To various eastern
And southern Ontario
Communities.

Searching for
That missing
Something.

On a physical
And psychic level
From my life.

Even now
More than 10 years
Into my journey
Of self-discovery
And healing.

Still
A part of me
Feels missing.

Something vital
In the completion
Of whom
I am.

As I feel it
Rubbing against
My soul
Like a small pebble
In a shoe.

But
Unable to find
And remove
This irritating "pebble".

Leaving me
Stuck
In this moment
Of time.

Therisa © 2016

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...