Monday 6 June 2016

Attempt At Order (June 6, 2016)

How I wish
I could say
My life has been
All moonbeams
And roses.

And
Those violent experiences
Are mere figments
Of my imagination.

Except
The mental strain
And the damage done
Over the years
Says otherwise.

You must realize
My unique situation
Isn't the norm
For most trans-Canadian.

Rather
Just one
Of the more
Extreme cases
On the violent end
Of the experience
Spectrum.

Please understand
I don't write poetry
In the hope
Of gaining pity.

Or
Other similar
Emotions.

Should
I want them.

Only
Have to look
In the bathroom mirror.

And see
My reflection
Staring back
At me.

No
These stanzas
You see
Before you.

Are my lame attempt
To impose order
On the chaos
I have lived
Through.

Never expecting
Anyone would read these
And respond back
Like they have.

Therisa © 2016

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...