Friday 6 May 2016

Not By My Choice (May 6, 2016)

You call me
A brave
Courageous fighter.

And yet
What options
Do I have?

Either
I surrender
My body and soul
To those
Who are filled
With hate
And ignorance.

Knowing
Death awaits
At the end
Of this road.

On all fronts
Spiritually
Physically
And emotionally.

Or
Attempt to
Weather out
These violent storms.

Choosing
Those battles
To stand and fight.

Even still
Too many times
I have found myself
Standing
At the Abyss' edge.

One step
Away from Death.

None
The wiser
Why my soul weeps
At the trail
I had to walk
To find life.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Often feel like, I don't deserve this nouns, when people describe, what I have done, over my life. Truthfully, I had no other options left to me, beyond death. And right now, am not ready for that last tango, with Death.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...