Monday 9 May 2016

Joys Of Insomnia (May 9, 2016)

Weary
My tired brain
Tries to focus
On the task
At hand.

As my fingers
Keep on missing
Their proper keys
To type.

Creating
One huge dyslexic
Puzzle
To decode
And unscramble.

Do I
Move the mouse
Over this mess
And delete it?

Or
Save it
For a later time?

By attempting
To apply
Some sense of order
To brain-fogged creation
Of mine.

As I hear
My pillows calling
Like the Siren
Of Greek mythology
To my bed.

Shall I surrender
Any hope
Of a night's rest
Is gone
For tonight.

Cursing me
To another night
Of a brain
Stuck
In overdrive.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: As a child, I've experienced, a chronic problem, of falling to sleep, which has worsen, over the years, with the PTSD flashbacks, and 3 feline companions, who want my love and attention, at the oddest hours. A good night's sleep, means 6-7 hours of uninterrupted rest, if I'm lucky.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...