Thursday 26 May 2016

From The Ground Up (May 26, 2016)

Some
Who read this
May think
I'm venting
My sour grapes.

But
I ask you.

"What's it like
To be
At the top
Or near it?"

From someone
Who's always
Looking up
At others
From the bottom.

Having to fight
For whatever
I have.

Medically
And otherwise
In my life.

Standing
On the fringe
Of society
Looking inwards
With a heavy sigh
Upon my heart.

Dreaming
Of a day
With total inclusion
For all.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: The older, I get, the more, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., is influencing me, with his philosophical message of inclusion, as his "dream" has grown closer, in some ways, but further, in others. And yes, you can call me, a dreamer, but, without my dreams, I would have died, years ago, by my own hand, in total despair and sorrow.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...