Friday 13 May 2016

Distant Voices (May 13, 2016)

Distant echoes
From my past
Giving voice
To a darkness
That never disappears.

Tainting
One's soul
In the blackest
Of blacks.

With
Its corrosive
And destructive
Touch.

Leaving me
A hollowed out
Shell.

Scared
To make
A move
Or sound.

Tears
Drops of acid
Dissolving the soul
Upon contact.

Reducing me
To a little girl
Who's scared
Of the world.

Wetting herself
In abject fear.

As the brutal images
Of a teenage boy
Being constantly
Beaten up.

Loop around
In her mind's eye
Startling crystal clear
4k picture clarity.

Wanting to hide.

But
Nowhere
To go.

Except
Ever deeper
Into the darkness
And madness
Of self-denial.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Found myself, this morning, filled with dark thoughts and images, which happens, on an occasion, to me. Just writing them, as the safest way, of dealing, with them, in a constructive way.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...