Tuesday 10 May 2016

After The Ice Age (May 10, 2016)

Ever
So slowly
The days are
Getting longer
And warmer.

As Winter
Is left
Behind.

And yet
A cold lingering
Darkness
Remains.

A throwback
To the days
Glaciers covered
My soul
In their frigid grip.

Crushing everything
Except
A wish for oblivion
And a permanent
Soul's rest.

As tears
Like glacier fled rivers
Carry away
The rumble of my soul
To parts unknown.

Now
I must traverse
Across my soul's fjords
Rediscovering
The real meaning
Of living life.

A journey
Harder
Than facing Death
Herself.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Just feeling blah, today. And yes, I do finder harder, to live life, than to embrace Death. Always, have seem Death, as the equalizer, in balancing out, one's pain and suffering.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...