Thursday 5 May 2016

A Soul's Need (May 5, 2016)

Ironic
Isn't it.

What is
My greatest fear
To live life.

Is something
Most people fight
Tooth and nail
To maintain
At all cost.

While
I welcome
With open arms
Death's embrace.

Knowing
When we dance
Our last tango
Together.

Peace and serenity
Await me
As we part company
That last time.

Forever
Silencing 
The bean nighe
That haunts me.

In my troubled dreams
And memories
Of the violent darkness
I have lived.

Some people
May think
I'm being suicidal
In writing
About this.

But
I am not.

Rather
Just voicing
How my soul feels
Right now.

In needing
A spell or two
Of rest.

Recharging
My drained batteries
For the next round
Of healing.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: This was one of the subject matters, my therapist and I, talked about, during yesterday session (May 4, 2016). Not sure, I will ever be granted, this wish, of mine, as life has, a way of complicating matters, when you think, you have it figured out.

I have used, the Scottish term of bean nighe, instead of, the traditional Irish' Banshee. For more information, please click on the following link:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...