Saturday 9 April 2016

What My Muse Wrote (April 9, 2016)

A simple life
Is all
That I ask for.

Able to go
An entire night
With no interruptions
That plagues my sleep. 

Without
The violent memories
That haunt me.

Never
Having to wear
This grinning façade
That hides my tears.

Able to look
At my own body
Without being repulsed
By the image
That greets me.

Or
Not having
The medical need
For the daily cocktail
That I do.

Is this
Asking too much
For myself?

A question
That I can't answer.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Felt this poem, talking to me, urging me, to write it, never knowing, what I was writing out.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...