Thursday 7 April 2016

The Beach (April 7, 2016)

There are times
I find myself
Feeling like
A grain of sand.

Someone has
Casted adrift
Into an ocean
Of indifference.

Moving
Back and forth
Upon the waves
As they wash ashore.

Wondering
How one grain
Of sand
Can change
The world.

When
The beach is covered
In tens of thousands
Individual sand grains
Like me.

Each one
Trying to
Make our mark.

In fighting
Against
The laws of inertia
That prevail.

Blindly stumble
Over each other
Without knowing it.

As the pounding surf
Grinds away
Our resistance
Into fine dust particles
That's blown away
Upon the next zephyr.

Bringing in
The next lot
Of grains
Wanting to
Change the world.

As the cycle
Renews
Itself
Once more.

Therisa © 2016

1 comment:

Fireblossom said...

It's a grain of sand that causes the pearl.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...