Saturday 9 April 2016

Sweet Smell Of Pioson (April 9, 2016)

www.ebay.com
A scent of Nature
Much abused
From some poor flower
Used to hide
Our unnatural odour.

Whose cloy smell
Lingers
Long after
You're gone.

Attacking my senses
Like a released canister
Of a chemical weapon.

As I struggle
To function
Under
Its assault.

Fighting
Through tearing eyes
Wheezing chest
And taste it
Upon my tongue.

Sad thing is
You don't realizing
That you're poisoning
The very air
We share.

By drowning yourself
In your perfume
That you have spent
A small fortune
Upon.

Just once
Would love
Have someone
Experience life
Like I do.

Chemically sensitive
To everything.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: It sucks, to be chemically sensitive, to almost everything, that makes up the modern world, we live in. Especially, to those scents and smells, most people consider appealing and desirable. If I could, I would move out to the wilderness, away from the civilization, as we know it. Except, the services that I need, are location, in this big urban centre, we call, Toronto.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...