Saturday 2 April 2016

Sunday Mornings (April 1, 2016)

Once
A week
Whether or not
I want it.

A suit and tie
Awaited me
Until my teenage years.

Never mind
I hated
Having to wear
That noose
Around my neck.

Even if
Only
A clip-on.

As mom marshaled us
Into the family car
My brother and I.

While
Dad slept
Or did other things.

Stepping
Into a church
Felt like
I had entered
Unto hostile grounds.

Didn't matter
What Church
It was.

Always felt
I didn't belong
There.

As if
I was intruding
And about
To be discovered
And tortured.

Something
I struggled to
With my mom.

Only reluctantly
She surrendered
Giving back
My Sunday mornings.

Therisa © 2016

Author note: Strangely, are I stopped playing hockey, at the age of 14, my mom stopped, in her demands that I attend church, with her, on a weekly basis. Never did tell her, about my true feeling about these forced indoctrination, as a Christian, by her, when I don't view myself, as a Christian, despite being baptized, as a baby. Rather, a follower, of the Earth Mother, as my Goddess.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...