Saturday 2 April 2016

Saturday Blues (April 2, 2016)

Snow flurries
Greet me
As I look out
My apartment window
This morning.

Where
I find myself
Growing ever tired
Of this constant battle
That I call
My life.

Having faced
More than four decades
Of banging my head
Against systemic
And societal discrimination.

At what point
Can I stop
And rest my soul?

Just once
I would love
To have my burden
Carried by
Someone else.

Thus
Be able
To understand
What it means
To walk
In my footsteps.

Even if
Only for
A few seconds.

Am so tired
Of well meaning people
Telling me:

"It'll get better".

Wanting to puke
Upon their dress shoes
And fancy clothes.

Who have
Never endured abuse
Or discrimination
On a systemic basis.

To the point
Life
Becomes meaningless
Beyond death.

What is normal
For you
Is my wildest dreams
Come true.

Therisa © 2016

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...