Monday 11 April 2016

An Overstayed Visit (April 10, 2016)

Nada
Nothing
Zero.

My poor Muse
A shivering lump
Under my blankets.

Pouting
In protest
At the unseasonable
Cold weather.

As if
Ole Man Winter
Has lost his glasses
And can't read
His smart phone.

Not realizing
He has overstayed
His visit
By three weeks
And counting.

Myself
Just want
That final big snowstorm
Marking his departure.

As I do
My striptease
In removing
My various layers
Of winter clothing
Until next November.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: At the time, of the first pitch, between Toronto Blue Jays, and the Boston Red Sox, the temperature was -3 C (April 10, 2016). A very unseasonably cold April day, for the Toronto area. The predicted temperatures for the following week are suppose to be, more seasonable norms, for this time of the year.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...