Wednesday 16 March 2016

My Biggest Regret (March 14, 2016)

Within my mind
The toxic game
Of "what if"
Is being played out.

As I castigate
Myself
For being
Too chicken
In not telling you
About my true self.

Although
I think
You knew
I was different
From the other kids.

Just that
You wanted me
To speak
These words
In confirming
Your hunch
I'm gay.

Not sure
Whether
I should be laughing
Or crying
Dad.

For your intuition
Is only
Half right
About me
Being gay.

Dad
You have 
A daughter
And a son.

And not
the two sons
You went to
The grave
Believing.

Please
Forgive me
For waiting 7 years
After your death.

To tell
Your ashes
At the grave site.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...