Thursday 24 March 2016

Just Another Case Of He Said, She Said (March 24, 2016)

Today is
Verdict day
In the Jian Ghomeshi
Trial.

As
I find myself
Being split
In two different ways.

The survivor
Of abuse
Part of me.

Wants the book
Thrown at Jian
For the alleged charges
Of sexual assault
And choking.

Knowing
How hard
It is
To come forward
And bare yourself
Before the public.

In having
Every part
Of your life
Placed under
A magnifying glass.

In being made
To feel like
You asked for it.

(One
Of the reasons
I will never
Take my brother
To court.

(And the length
Of time
That past
Since he started

(For the abuses
He done
To me.)

Whereas
The part of me
That likes to explore
My own sexuality.

Wants to find him
Not guilty
Even though
He may have done
The alleged acts
To these women.

Whatever
The verdict
Judge William Horkins
Decides.

Four lives
Are forever
Changed.

And not
For the better.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: This poem was written, before Judge William Horkins read out, his verdict in the 4 charges of sexual assault and 1 charge of choking, against Jian Ghomeshi. For more, about the court ruling, please click on the following link: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/jian-ghomeshi-judge-ruling-1.3504250

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...