Tuesday 29 March 2016

Body Shaming (March 27, 2016)

Sure
Some meant
Their words
In a positive way
To me.

But
The sting isn't reduced
No matter
Their intention
Good or bad.

Wondering
Why bother
If my effort
I make
Shall be ridicule
By society.

Been told
At what I consider
My ideal weight
To be anorexic
Upon my body's frame.

And yet
My current weight
Of 70.5 kg (155 lbs).

According
To BMI charts
Am overweight
Approaching obesity
At 5'6".

As my self-confidence
And self-esteem
Drop
Ever lower.

Adding more fuel
To the fire
In my constant struggle
With depression
And suicide thoughts.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Having been off-line, for the past 60 hours, I saw this article, in the Yahoo! news feed, today (March 29, 2016). In which, a health teenager is told, she must keep an unhealthy body weight, if she hopes to enter, into a dance program, at this particular college, in the United States. If you wish to read it, please click on the following link:

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...