Friday 19 February 2016

A Friday Afternoon (February 19, 2016)

www.braincoretherapy.com
Around me
The chaos of life
Bubbles forth
Like a babbling brook.

As I struggle
To stay connected
With myself.

Despite
My rising levels
Of anxiety
Reaching towards
A panic attack.

Leaving me
Feeling
Extremely vulnerable.

As people walk by
In the library.

In knowing
It's just my body
Extending
Its hyper-vigilance.

A by-product
Of an abuse past
I'm trying to
Overcome.

Fighting
This growing urge
To runaway
And hide
Inside my apartment.

To do so
Would be admitting
Once again
I have failed.

Refusing
To allow
Any tears of frustration
To grace my face.

As I beat back
The growing sense
Of being
A worthless failure.

Trying to control
My trembling hands
While
Typing this
Out.

In claiming
One small victory
At a steep price.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Have been diagnosed, as having living, with chronic depression, various anxiety disorders and PTSD, (I refuse to say, suffering, as I know, these conditions, will be, with me, for the rest of my life) as the result of a very abusive past, growing up, as a child, and later on, as an adult. As part of my healing process, I have taken Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), at a local hospital, near my apartment. Never realizing, until afterwards, a lot of the stuff, I having doing, on my own, has been CBT techniques, to distract myself, in triggering situations, like the above poem. To analyze, what is causing this reaction, while, in the library.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...