Saturday 9 January 2016

Who's That Girl (January 2, 2016)






Few moments ago
I was described
As a "girlie-girl"
By another tenant
In my apartment building.

Yes
It's true.

I love
To take long bathes
With lavender
Or other scented fragrances
In the water.

While
A single candle burn
By the side
Of the tub.

In preferring
The sweet scent
Of Vanilla Black Cherry
Or Blueberry baked goods.

But
It's one
Of many labels
That I have trouble
In accepting
For myself.

Just
As I find myself
Struggling
At time
With these labels:

"Survivor"
"Courageous"
"Strong"
And "difference maker".

To name
A few.

Leaving me
To wonder
Who's this person
People are talking about.

For I see
A woman
Who's struggling
With major physical
And mental health problems.

Maybe
The true answer
Lies
Somewhere
In the middle.


Therisa © 2016



Author Note: On November 15, 2005, is the day, which I came out of the gender closet, as a transwoman (ie transsexual), after several emotional and stressful months, while standing over my dad's gravesite. Since then, I have swung, both ways, from being, a girlie girl, to an androgynous look. Especially, on those days, which my anxiety or depression levels are ballistic, as a result of my PTSD and memories of abuse.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...