Saturday 2 January 2016

Merry Christmas, Therisa (December 30, 2015)

There are times
I must admit
That I feel like
A complete fraud.


As I struggle
With my mental
And physical health.



Wondering
What others see
In me.



Finding myself
Revisiting
A part of my life.



Best
Left alone
And buried
In the deepest cravat
Possible.



As the memories
Are flooding
Forward
In my mind.



Of those dark years
Where Hell was
A place on Earth
For me.



What
Did I do
To raise his irk?



In such
A manner
He needed
To physically
And psychologically
Attack me?



Other then
Being the eldest.



I know
These "what ifs..."
That blow across
My mindscape
Are a deadly toxin.



Threatening
The years
Of painful healing
I have endured.



And yet
Like a small child
I can't stop picking
At these scabs.



In trying
To cleanse
My diseased body
From this tainted past.


Therisa © 2015

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...