Saturday 9 January 2016

Lucky Star (January 2, 2016)

An origami paper star

 
Oh Star
On my blackest night
You shine
Like the brightest light
In the Heavens.

As you lay
Upon my lap
Your black fur
Drenched
With my tears.

Returning
The love and gentleness
I have shared.

Since
Your arrival
Four years ago.

As a rescued kitten
Who had been
Physically abused
And tossed aside.

Even now
You follow me
Around the apartment.

Like a lost soul
Seeking a place
To call
Your home.

Whether or not
You realize it
Star.

You have
Already
A place
To call
Home.

In my heart
Since
That cold November night
In 2011.

Now
Move over
And share my bed
With me.
Therisa © 2016




Photo of Star, as a kitten


No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...